[Chrysler300] In Memoriam - Tom Turner

Gil Cunningham called to say that Tom Turner, a former president of the Chrysler 300 Club Int'l., has passed away.  Tom was president of the Club from September, 1992 to September 1994.  He lived in Birmingham, AL with his wife Susan.  Through the years he owned several 300 Lettercars including a black 300E coupe and a Terra Cotta 300F coupe.  Gil Cunningham said Tom was very proud to have owned the only 4sp. 300F convertible.  Gill learned about that car from a letter sent to Chrysler Corp. from George Cone, the previous owner.  The people at Chrysler at the time routinely passed along any letters about the Lettercars to Gil because they knew of his interest in them.  Tom apparently purchased the 4sp. F conv. from Cone.  It was in immaculate condition.

Our condolences to Susan and the family.

Don Warnaar

Posted by: "Don Warnaar" <300country@xxxxxxx>