From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of 'Lynn' lynnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 2:57 PM
To: Jack Boyle; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: 'Joan Mabry'
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] ....and now for a discussion or wheel bearing races

I would be looking for a new hub.  There is really no way  to re-center the race once it has spun.  The JB Weld and Permatex bearing mount/ sleeve retainer will “seat” the race in the bore, but it’s not going to hold up under the weight, heat,  and torsional stresses the wheel and hub go through.  It’s a lot like using a punch to “stake” a bad bearing bore to take up the slack.

Sent: Monday, July 18, 2016 1:49 PM

Subject: [Chrysler300] ....and now for a discussion or wheel bearing race

I just had my C300 front drums turned. The machinist noted that one inner and another outer race can be rotated in the hub by hand. I drove the car 2.000 miles last year with no problem – lucky?

The bearings are only a few years old so I really don’t want to start over by looking for new(er) drums or hubs and new bearings again etc.

Anybody have any experience setting races in JB Weld or similar?.

thanks

…Jack

Jack Boyle

(913) 544 4650