From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Charlie V cv300g@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:11 PM
To: Michael Falcone; edward1108@xxxxxxxxx; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300 G Grille Emblem

This is from the " Tech Articles " from our website

Now that the alignment nub is gone, you will have to carefully position the emblem
to the proper orientation. RTV adhesive can be used to secure the medallion.
RTV sets slowly to give plenty of time to get the orientation correct.
Mike Falcone writes: "I used 3M double sided auto molding trim tape. It has been on for two years and it still looks great."
Charlie in Ottawa writes: "I used PL Premium construction adhesive. It has been on my car for
5 years with no bleed through and secure as a rock,"
Bob Jasinski writes: "GE RTV silicone clear sealant. 30 years, no problems."

However, one club member used "3M Plastic Emblem & Trim Adhesive" to secure the medallion
and discovered this adhesive attacked the paint and ruined the medallion.

That was me who used the " 3M Plastic Emblem and Trim Adhesive ". I set it in place , went back a few minutes later and saw that the adhesive was eating through and melting my brand new emblem that I bought from the club. That was like throwing 50 bucks in the trashcan.

I ordered a new emblem and used  "Permatex Clear RTV Silicone Adhesive Sealant ". That was about 8 years ago and its still intact.

Charlie Valentine