From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of 'Jack Boyle' jackcboyle@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2016 7:58 AM
To: 'Chrysler 300 List' <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chrysler300] C300 brake upgrade

Good Morning all.

We have been driving our C300 more and more since my retirement and as always we are enjoying it a great deal. I have put over 100,000 miles in this car since 1967.

A concern that I have had for years is the one year only power brakes on my ’55. Their performance is adequate at best and panic stops are just that – panic. We are planning many more road trips including the freeways of Texas, California and the east coast. We want to balance the enjoyment of classic motoring with safety. To accomplish this we are planning on upgrading the brakes to discs and most importantly a dual master cylinder.

I have been reviewing AAJ and ECI products and have a few questions:

1.     Does anyone have experience mounting a modern dual master cylinder on the front of the 1955 boost unit?

2.     Has anybody found a modern booster and dual master cylinder combination that is easily adaptable to the 55-56 firewall and pedal set up? (appearing as something that looks factory and not too out of place is important to me)

I am looking forward to this upgrade as much as the switch to radial tires 10+ years ago.

Thanks in advance for any guidance or tips.

…Jack

Jack C. Boyle

(913) 544-4650

Shawnee, Kansas