From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Grady jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2016 6:45 AM
To: Harry Torgeson <torg66@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Simons Keith <ksimons@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] wanted pw motor assembly for 1962 chrysler

Hi Harry ,if switch hard to push and other buttons do not come back out , interlock cams are worn . Not helping you at all. Never ever compressed air . Will blow up actuators. There is a thing called mity vac at Napa to test actuators etc .it makes and reads vacuum .  I have not had failures at actuators although seals  at rod movement at can exit, can dry out -- some silicon ignition grease on rod might help ( oil might hurt it). Get a mighty vac and 3 feet of hose if you want to test . Slight leak ok on rod side .----- If all are not working ( ? Your case?)first  follow main vacuum feed hose off switch to engine

 Manifold fitting . Often cracked burned cut or hurt during engine work  . Fix that . Also check all hoses are on the actuators. A hose off will prevent vacuum . These are actually pretty good setups.. do not despair.! Instructions to remove switch in FSM. Send it white block we can put in new cams . Pull off vacuum plug straight back do not wiggle . Or pry very evenly . Wiggling breaks off tiny nylon tubes on back . Under 100 if unbroken nipples. Someone might have broken them and hid it by putting plug back on = cause of this . We can fix but a charge per nipple . More than 3 better to find new switch . Can help there too , we rebuild scrap ones ( bad cams , but good nipples) occasionally.

See also posting by JY Chouinard on club site about what each hose actuator does.

Hope this helps.. is it a ram k ?

john
Contact Keith (copied ) for setting up doing it
Sent from my iPhone