RE: [Chrysler300] A/C metal plate request

RE: [Chrysler300] A/C metal plate request

It is always great to have a specific solution or answer to a member’s question.  New member Harry Torgeson has posed some good questions to guide his 300K restoration to factory correct.  Attaboy, Harry!

I have enjoyed tracking and participating in this thread so was disappointed to see that the tag on the RH head of my A/C compressor was significantly different than John Holst’s original and the vendors’ OEM replacement tags.  Then I saw the compressor head and bolting were different also.  See attached for the tag on the RH cylinder head of my 300K (which still has a later 383 in it).  So, I went around the car to the other side and saw a somewhat boogered-up version of the OEM tag (also attached).  I’ll replace it with a nice, new one—but from the $12 e-Bay vendor, not the $16.88 one.

Now, I’m wondering if some or all other Chrysler A/C compressors have this tag bolted to the RH head. (in addition to the red-printed tag on the LH head).  It is angle-cut on each end with holes for two of the head bolts.  It reads as below:

    /       CHRYSLER CORP.           \

/        MODEL 3925070101            \

\        SERIAL NO. 630927               /

  \      PART NO.   2465232            /

    \____  REFRIGERANT ___12_/

I Googled “2465232 compressor” and got hits in the ’64 and ’65 Parts Manuals but could not find any part with that number.  Whatzit?  The tag is made with all characters stamped into the aluminum and no color printing.  It could be a re-builder’s tag.

Rich Barber

Brentwood CA (Windy—the weather, also)