From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of 'Rich Barber' c300@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 10:06 PM
To: 'William Huff'; keith_A_Lang@xxxxxxxxx; mmoore8425@xxxxxxx; 'Bob Jasinski'
Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] 300G/300K exhaust manifold repair

There was a new member in NJ that I talked with and he seemed quite confident that he could weld or otherwise repair broken cast iron.  We recently heard that he had passed away.

I need one of the outlet flanges on a ram K header repaired as someone in the dim, dark, distant past tore out one of the four ears, apparently trying to align an exhaust pipe.  I was talking to him about doing the repair but I felt it would be a weak repair, at best.  Now, I think I’ll just have a steel backup ring with four ears for the bolts fabricated and use the remnant of the torn ear to locate the bolt and support the ring at that bolt-hole.  Any other ideas?