[Chrysler300] my 64 300 convertible

It seems that we have some very knowledgeable people here, so what I'd like to know is an average worth of my car.... 1964 300 convertible, 383 auto console shift, family owned since '66, daily driver until '77, pretty much garaged since after repairs made from an accident. last 16 years or so the only time the car was run is when I would visit and clear all the junk off it and drive it around alittle....

Pro's...

Car is pretty much complete, runs and drives

carpet has been replaced, front seats recovered late 80's

engine freshened in the late 80's, didn't need it, I think dad was bored, lol, Odometer shows 31k, no idea if its accurate, less than 1000 miles on engine since rebuild

new top

new master cylinder and booster

new balljoints

car turns heads wherever I drive it, would have added pictures here but don't know how here

Cons...

all original EXCEPT rf fender, trunk lid, and maybe the hood, not sure on that one

power windows/switches work when they want too

gas gauge just quit working

top does not go up or down, need to check the hydraulics, blows the fuse when you hit the switch

and the big problem I'm trying to solve right now, she wanders like a drunken sailor, lots of play in the steering, adjusted the steering box as much as could and its better, but still a handful, caster/camber issue maybe?

Basically the car is basically as it was when last driven in 77' I have no desire to restore it to concours quality, my goal is to make it a reliable driver where everything works.

Soooooo, what do y'all think?

Steven

Posted by: samacisaac@xxxxxxxxx