RE: [Chrysler300] 1964 300K

The 1964 Parts Catalog lists only one air cleaner for the single-carb 1964 300K:  2463951 for VC2-300K, use w/Air Cleaner to Breather Pipe Hose.  It lists an air cleaner for (single 4-bbl 413’s) NY’s & Imps that is silenced:  2402672.  The 1965 Parts Catalog is similarly vague on the 413-equipped Chrysler 300.

The 1964 Service Manual states that the Closed Crankcase Ventilation valve is connected to the throttle body.

I don’t have anything to go by and am curious.  Was there another supply-air hose running from inside the filter element on the air cleaner to the oil filler/crankcase breather cap so that only filtered air would enter the crankcase?

The 1964 Parts Catalog did show one special air cleaner California-only for Plymouths and Dodges with a 426 CID engine (not designated as a hemi)—and, also, designates two different RHS air cleaners for ram-engined 300K’s—with & without a connection to a Breather Pipe Hose.

So, for FirePower 360 HP 413’s--do we have silenced and unsilenced, CA and non-CA, same as NY & Imp?  Pix of documented OEM air cleaners on FirePower 360 engines in and outside of CA would be helpful.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA