From: Bob Merritt [mailto:bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, April 02, 2017 4:45 AM
To: Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300G ball and trunnion boot replacement

Hello Bob;

I have some drive shaft bearing kits out in the warehouse

I could dig one out and count needles

but let me use my noggin and say the answer is likely 31.

Although I have changed a buncha boots and done the bearings

I have never counted needles. I know both cups should be

crammed full of needles such that a cup with a

full set of needles will have no space for another needle.

I bet your cup with 30 needles has room for #31 needle

and

your cup with 31 has no room for #32 needle......if you

follow my foggy early morning English.

It would be hard to imagine one cup full at 30 needles while the other side

full at 31.

If you need one needle bearing, let me know. I am

pretty sure I have a spare from which I draw needles

to replace ones I have lost.

Great boots from Mark Sherman. I am so glad he supplies them.

My guess on your high temp grease is it is more than required but won't

hurt anything. Grease requirements for a wheel bearing should be

way above anything required by a needle bearing.

Hiho