[Chrysler300] Sad news -

Passing along the sad news that Ed Schoenthaler passed away yesterday. Those of you who attended Ed and Angie Phillips Fall 2010 300 Club Meet in St Charles, IL  will remember our visit to Ed's, and his late wife Judy's, building, housing their wonderful classic car collection, large "O" Gauge train collection, vintage toy cars, dolls, and more. Ed and Judy were always happy to share their collection with many of our Chicago area car clubs - hosting with snacks and drinks on their own dime. Traveling to Concours events around the U.S., many of their cars were displayed at Pebble Beach. Not huge Mopar fans, Judy and Ed did have their '47 Town and Country convertible and a '57 Dual Ghia convertible on display when our Club visited. I recall one time, about 25 years ago, my wife, kids and I drove by their home, with Ed in the driveway. We stopped and visited for awhile, and then Ed took us all for a cruise in his '31 V-16 Dual Cowl Phaeton Caddy. A few photos of Ed's and Judy's collection are on our Club site, under prior meet events.

Ed's obit -

http://m.adamswinterfieldsullivan.com/obituaries/events?obituaryId=1632006

Noel Hastalis

Posted by: Noel Hastalis <cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx>