Re: [Chrysler300] Travel in NYS to the "Fins in the Finger Lakes"

Re: [Chrysler300] Travel in NYS to the "Fins in the Finger Lakes"

Sheesh, Jamie! Sounds like a real user-friendly attitude going on there with the "above-the-dash" rule. I guess I just lucked out a few years back when we came to Lake George for the 300 Meet. I naively had my Garmin glowing merrily on the windshield the whole way across the Upstate, and never got pulled for it. With all the other bad luck we received a trophy for experiencing on that trip, I think getting 4 points and a huge fine on top of it all might have sent me on a pretty spirited rant. So thanks for the heads-up on the enforcement.

What about the front and rear seat passengers? Does the same rule apply to them regarding cell phone use on the road, or can they do the calling?

In truth though, if more people get to live through the driving experience by following NY rules, I'm all for it. Under Michigan law it's legal to phone, but not to text. Unfortunately that law is a big joke to the kids here who die in droves from crossing over the center line. The cops don't write anyone up for it unless they cause an accident while texting - and it's a little late at that point. It would be interesting indeed to compare the young folks' death rates in NY vs. MI and see if NY's strict rules and enforcement make a measurable difference.

Keith Boonstra

-