Re: [Chrysler300] 1964 FLOATING POWER

While I'm no expert, I'll add that I had my F's steering box rebuilt at the start of this cruising season, and it made all the difference in the world. Over the past 3 years, I logged over 22,000 miles on the F and the steering was always vague, requiring constant correction. The local chassis and alignment shop I use played with the adjustments last year, and made the steering way too touchy, so I had them back off to get me thru last year up at Elkhart Lake.

This year, with the steering box rebuilt to original specs by a shop my guy has been using for 30+ years, the F drives great - huge improvement! No other major tweaks - just a new ball joint, new rear brakes, and a realignment that I have done every offseason. And running on the same Diamondback radials that I've had the past 8 years, now with about 35,000 miles on them.

By the time I arrive in Iola this Friday morning to meet up with other 300 Club buddies, I'll have driven the F over 4,000 miles this season.

Noel
F Coupe

Sent from my iPhone