Re: [Chrysler300] Engine Oil - High Zinc Conventional 10w-30,

What I do is mix a little of the Cam- Shield with each quart before I pour it into the engine. As you know, the plastic quart bottles have plenty of space at the top so it's easy.

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
From: 'Rich Barber' c300@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Monday, August 21, 2017 7:40 PM
To: keith_A_Lang@xxxxxxxxx; chesnutt@xxxxxxxxxxxx; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Reply To: Rich Barber
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Engine Oil - High Zinc Conventional 10w-30,

All should remember that the zinc additive level drops in the oil as it is plated on valves, guides and other engine parts—and blasted out the exhaust.  The exhaust content is why it was dropped for use in vehicles with catalytic converters for real or imagined “killing” the catalyst.  Same reason tetraethyl lead was banned from gasoline.  Ultimate protection might be to add a thimbleful every “X” miles.  Our 300K would like some of both.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA