Yup. Pretty sure Gary will have that seal in stock for you.

Keith
-

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 5:03 PM, Michael Ashmore <michael.ashmore@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Keith,

Thanks for the info.  Since the 300G is an Arizona car the rubber molding is long gone.  Is this something I should get from Gary Goers?  BTW, I'm out of $100's.  Got any extras? ha ha

Mike
300G
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2017 1:03 PM
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 61 300G

Mike,

An additional, very real risk of having a bad trunk seal is that the vacuum created while driving at highway speeds will suck your exhaust fumes right into the trunk and continue into your cabin. I can attest to the misery that this condition can create. A number of years back we returned 820 miles from our Lake George, NY 300 Meet to Holland, MI through an all day steady rain with our windows of our 300C rolled up tight. My restoration was fresh at the time and I did not realize how bad our trunk seal was. Not only did we have literally gallons of water in the trunk upon arrival, but my wife had to keep her eyes closed for most of the trip because the exhaust fumes burned her eyes so badly I didn't doze off from the poisonous gases, but I was probably just lucky.

It is really imperative to fix that problem. The easiest and most successful way will be to purchase a brand new trunk seal. The fit of it will probably be far from perfect when you first install it, but by playing with its fit you should be able to get it to where a dollar bill should have friction when pulled between the deck lid and the body around its entire perimeter. In a few places you may even have to pack a little something - like a piece of insulated wire - under the new seal to get it in full contact with the lid. It will be worth the extra effort to get this right. BTW, for an extra tight fit, check it with a $100 bill instead.

Good luck.

Keith Boonstra

-