Re: [Chrysler300] 1964 300 convert

Agree , just add that the chances of both switches going bad at once is very low . Motor stuck ! If rusty the overcurrent breaker mounted at brush  holder can stop the motor . I jump it out , solder heavy stranded wire to end cover , hole drilled in it it is there to prevent an idiot holding the switch with jammed motor but it corrodes and then no contact . While I do not know exact exchange , later motors ? 64 ? used with same switch are rubber coated and a lot better .  Also two lengths  of original motor , the longer one is more powerful . See also Jamie’s post on site about sealing shaft . If water runs in at nose motor is toast . If nose is up this is super critical . ( varies with where motor is in car )

I have been drilling .060 hole in center of bottom bearing shoot in some oil , but also allows water to get out if that end is down . They get destroyed inside by water.

Sent from my iPhone