[Chrysler300] ball and trunnion drive shaft boots

[Chrysler300] ball and trunnion drive shaft boots

I put the G up on the lift to check things out after the recent meet.  The new drive shaft boot, just put on last year probably has 900 miles on it and already has a tear in it.  The previous one didn’t last long either.  I’m curious if others are having poor service life from the modern boot replacements or am I the only one.  My housing does have some wear in it, but its not loose and I just don’t see why these things aren’t holding up better.  Any others with this issue?  I’m thinking seriously about just having a new driveshaft made with modern joint on the front and giving up on ball and trunnion.  Heresy I know, but Larry Jett told me to do it so I know I have company in the flock.

Bob J

Posted by: "Bob Jasinski" <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>