From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Keith Boonstra kboonstra@xxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Wednesday, 1 August 2018 6:22 AM
To: Charlie V
Cc: yahoogroups
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Oil drain plug gasket needed

For reliability reasons I wanted to stay away from the nylon as offered by Dorman. I prefer the crushable copper gasket instead.

I could not locate any 5/8" copper crushes, but fortunately 5/8" and 16MM are virtually the same and interchangeable.. And the 16MM is ubiquitous because they are used on Mini Coopers. Apparently more people are driving (and changing the oil in) Mini Coopers than early Chrysler hemis these days, so the gaskets are available.

Here is what I ordered:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040CW0JS/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8 <https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0040CW0JS/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1> &psc=1

Thanks for the help guys.

Keith