Re: [Chrysler300] Fine / coarse exhaust studs

Re: [Chrysler300] Fine / coarse exhaust studs

Fine Threads    ……..They have less of a tendency to loosen under vibration because the smaller lead or thread helix angle provides better wedging action when the assembly is tightened.

That's why they are used on wheel lugs, exhaust manifold studs and a lot of the suspension parts.

Charlie Valentine