RE: [Chrysler300] Burt's Comments/ 57 Torsion bars

I remember in Toledo in 56 - 57 when a Plymouth dealer would drive a 57 Plymouth around town with the right front wheel removed.  I was 13 or 14 then and very interested in Chrysler cars and I thought it was pretty impressive and I guess I thought the dealer was trying to show how stout the front suspension was.   I didn’t know if they had done anything to the car but I suppose it would have helped stability if they had placed a few hundred lbs of weight in the left rear of the trunk.

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of RICK AND DEBBIE CLAPHAM rixpac@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2018 1:22 PM
To: 'John Grady'; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; Terry & Andree Hoeman
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Burt’s Comments/ 57 Torsion bars

I remember going skiing in our 57 Desoto fire sweep station wagon, when the right front torsion bar let loose. My brother and I were assigned to sit in the left rear. We all made it home with my dad driving, and did not endure any other damage. Must have been 1959 or 1960, used the long segment of the broken bar as a pry-bar for years.