[Chrysler300] Coker Radials on the Swiss C Rag Top.

[Chrysler300] Coker Radials on the Swiss C Rag Top.

Just a quick update on the new 235/75R14's that I had mounted  last Saturday.

Have been waiting for Diamond Back to come out with a suitable sized radial to replace the old 900:14 biased ply's that I purchased back in 2001 (yikes) and finally gave up and ordered set of the Coker radials.

Had the tires shipped to a local tire shop in Santa Cruz that has a new Hunter Loadforce 9000 balancer (great machine).

The fellow at the tire shop commented that the corker radials took less weight and were very easy to balance.

As they say, "The proof is in the tasting."

Well in this case the proof was in driving at speed or in some instances a bit over on Hwy 17.

For the folks not familiar with 17 it's an old logging road that was cut through the Santa Cruz  mountains back in the the mid to late 1800's.

Lots of twisty turns, blind corners, and way too many speed racers that like to pass on the right and cut in where there is no space (where's the air horn and heavy duty brush guard when you need them)!!

Very happy to report the C held it's own!

Actually, was the lead dog up the mountain (more like a foothill to you folks in CO, MT, WY,etc) and only passed by new Porsche on the way down.

I've been a major skeptic re then  Corker Radials, but No More.

Coker has hit a home run with their new radial line that is made in the Good Old U.S. of A and should be commended.

Thought i would share my experience with all those that love our Old Detroit Dinosaurs (AKA The Letter Cars).

Best Regards to All

    gary gettleman
    Santa Cruz, California (formerly the Golden State, but now the Bankrupt State in more ways than one).

    Current care taker of the Swiss Export C Convert.

Posted by: Gary Gettleman <gary.gettleman@xxxxxxxxx>