Re: [Chrysler300] Mecum Auction Result

I did see the wiring but thought I'd been brutal enough.  Jack, your eyes are better than mine as I couldn't pick up the color of the hinges or springs.  The latter should be a brick red.

JL

From: "'Jack Boyle' jackcboyle@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]" <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: 'Noel Hastalis' <cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx>; jholst@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: 'Chrysler 300 Club' <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2018 7:53 PM
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] Mecum Auction Result

From the one engine bay photo, incorrect fuel line/fuel filters, air cleaner, hood hinge color and the wiring looks plastic.

…Jack

Jack Boyle

(913) 544 4650

Enjoying the same C-300 since 1967

IMG_0623 small

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Noel Hastalis cpaviper@xxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Saturday, October 27, 2018 9:25 PM
To: jholst@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: Chrysler 300 Club

Observations on this ‘55 -

$42,000 hammer price is not an apparent bargain for this car. Mark Obermann and I were at Mecum on Thursday and checked out this ‘55. It’s an early production - #1028 - with engine stamped #1026, so it does appear to have the original 331 motor. Radiator #1541641 is correct. Its battery was a 12-volt, so upgraded from the original 6-volt system. Generator is #GJC7003A. Contrary to Mecum’s marketing materials, this 300 was born Platinum, and not Tango Red. Also, the interior seating surfaces looked to be stamped vinyl, and not the advertised leather. And the seating upholstery pattern clearly does not mimic the factory installed pattern. Carpeting on lower sections of door panels is tan on this car, matching the door panel color, and not the factory issue black. The trunk underside insulation was heavily covered with red overspray. The spare tire wire wheel appears to be painted silver, rather than chromed.

Body looked pretty good, with no visible rust. We didn’t crawl under the car, nor did we perform the magnet test, to see if there were heavily bondoed areas.

As Mark and I were finishing up, a fellow walked over who said he was the owner. He said it’s a great car, and asked how we liked it. We nodded our approval and walked away.

I’m sure John Lazenby can offer additional commentary on variances from factory stock that he sees.

Noel Hastalis

Burr Ridge, IL

Sent from my iPhone