RE: [Chrysler300] RE: Fuelie 300D

Thanks, Bob Jasinski.  The picture came through nicely and I have the same software as you.  Apparently, there is a fuel pump at the back of the engine.  If the original concept was not rigorous, upgrading the electronics might not resolve performance issues.  I understand pix won’t go thru the INT server so am sending a copy of this to Bob Merritt for posting.

Rich

From: Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2019 12:03 PM
To: 'Rich Barber' <c300@xxxxxxx>; Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Chrysler300] RE: Fuelie 300D

Rich et al,

The owner (Per) told me he found an original Chrysler fuel injection intake manifold, and it uses modern Bosch fuel injection with parts available from Summit Racing.   The technician doing the work was Arnet Nillson (spelling?) who works for the Volvo racing team.  It is a modern computer programmable system and I’m sure more information will be provided in the upcoming video.  He said he found the car in the ‘90s in a small local paper called “The Recycler”, and that the fuel injection emblems were remade from the originals in Australia.  Per is familiar with the ’58 DeSoto Adventurer fuelie car also, and that he was told that car was based more on the original system and is transistorized, and that there have been some issues with it.

Below are pictures I took in 2010 of the DeSoto Adventurer fuel injected car in Monterey at Mecum in 2010.  (I hope it works, my first attempt at picture insertion using Windows 10 , Outlook 2016)

Bob