Re: [Chrysler300] American Classic radial tires

Re: [Chrysler300] American Classic radial tires

Curtis, William,
Stayed with 14”. Don’t want to change hubcaps or go to the 15” wheels with inserts to retain the 14” hubcaps. My 6-ply Eurospec DBacks were actually an inch too short, so the car sat a little low.. That said, I put 55,000 miles on them in the past 9 years and it drove great. Long trips from Chicago to 300 Meets in NM, CT, NY, RI, VA, WV, AR, MO and more. Many of these trips were in driving rain (monsoon downpours 7 of 9 days to NM and back). New ACs are taller and the F sits higher and looks better, and drove fine to TX and back. We (John Begian in his beautiful black best of show convertible and I) have done a lot of this long distance cruising running our F and G together on flat as well as twisty mountain roads, and I’ve never felt the F was under-tired, typically running at 75 mph.
I know I’m an anomaly, still running drum brakes, dual points and 14” tires, but the F has performed great, and I have no intention of changing these.
Noel
F Coupe
Burr Ridge, IL

Sent from my iPhone