[Chrysler300] Found....A long time buried 1963 Newport

[Chrysler300] Found....A long time buried 1963 Newport

Hello Group:

Greetings from South Jersey.  A good friend of mine runs a business called Caring Transitions.  They help folks get estates ready for sale after the demise of a loved one.  He was cleaning out a house near me in the Cherry Hill area and discovered a car in the garage that was not on the list of possessions.  It was buried behind a wall of boxes and the elderly sister of the deceased who also lived there did not know the car was there.  It's a 1963 Newport 4 door sedan base model.  My friend knows I am a Chrysler guy so he called me to look at it.  There is an inspection sticker from 1993.  That would probably be around the time the car was last run.  It has a 361/2bbl base engine, power steering, pushbutton auto, manual brakes, heater/defroster, and full wheel covers.  It's a radio delete with the bright metal cover where the radio should be.  Tires are completely flat and dry rotted.  Bottom line is, not worth restoring this car as the cost of a decent restoration will far exceed the value of the car.  But.....the sheet metal is solid, no bondo and almost 100% rust free.  Very very minor rust.  The chrome trim, emblems, moldings, grille, etc, are outstanding.  The bumpers are good.  The dash is excellent.  All the glass is perfect including windshield and backlight.  All the moldings surrounding the windows and windshield are excellent.  I think this car would serve as a treasure trove of parts for someone with a similar model under restoration.  I have to believe that some of the sheet metal and bright work would be usable on a 300 of this year.  I would like to help my friend find a home for this car instead of sending it to a local junk yard to be crushed.  If anyone is interested in learning more, please contact me off server.  My email address is   mrmopar66@xxxxxxx  and my cell phone is 856-761-4500.  Let me be clear that I have no horse in this race.  I merely want to help my friend out.  I would like to think that someone in this great group might have a need for this car.  They cannot locate a title and as of yet, have not found the keys.  It would, of course have to be towed out of the garage.  Kindly let me know your thoughts and lets see if we can't find a home for this old girl.

Thanks and best regards,

Ian Carlton
1966 Chrysler 300 Convertible
1972 Plymouth Scamp