Re: [Chrysler300] age of ownership

Not sure it counts , but had a 57 D500 stick  convert
in 61 at 18 , but wait ! Racing every night blew 10 transmissions that first summer ( pin synchro junk ) and two 325 hemi . 3800 lb oil truck clutch . But one night a big white Chrysler with md plates pulls up to play . I think —that big NY er dog ! Some kid in his dad’s car .  .
So light turns green , I kill him to about 80 , Route 2 hill west out of Cambridge. Ok , I won let up ! He is coming in from 20 feet behind like a train . I get up to 115 or so , all done and this is getting crazy . He is passing me uphill , I hear the sound I would later love — the big hemi roar , he keeps going uphill at 135 or something.like the song says ,  “That’s all there is, there ain’t no more”  for the Dodge .
Yow! A few months later a 300 c sits between those dodge fenders , Packard OD , floor shift made from a hemi head bolt with head sawed off, (I  broke off the first shift handle in my way cool spark o matic  JC Whitney floor shift kit ) —  and 3.70 gears fixed many things!
Best I ever got was brand new 421 Pontiac Ventura coupe 4 speed tri power in 61 . What a night ....
about 1967 bought first F convert . Would have been 24 ..
I still think on the street , until H or J , a B owns the top end . Slow to 80 but watch out . Something about those 354’s . They won for good reasons ..
Want 135 in a souped up J all the belts blew off . Damaged radiator / fan at 135 huge puff of antifreeze steam  can't see.  Hardly that crazy anymore ...  hardly .
Sent from my iPhone not by choice