Re: [Chrysler300] Brake Fluid for a 300F

Re: [Chrysler300] Brake Fluid for a 300F

I have a G that I put silicone fluid in it about 40 years ago and never had a leak in a wheel cylinder or the pressure brake switch until after it was in a body shop getting rust repaired for 4 years. At that point a wheel cylinder failed. I don't recommend going 35 years without changing the fluid, as had I changed it every 10 years or so, that cylinder would likely not have failed. I am replacing the master and wheel cylinders and will use silicone fluid again. I use Dot 3 or 4 in my drivers and change the fluid when I replace brake pads. If I put Dot 3 in my G I would change it every year or 2 max. I will probably never wear out the shoes on my G as I doubt I will drive it that much. I will change the silicone after 10 years if the virus doesn't get me first. I mentioned that silicone had not affected my pressure brake light switch before on here and someone wrote me back saying that G's didn't have a pressure switch. My car was delivered in November 1960 and is equipped with a pressure switch.

Loren Nelson 300G in spring blooming N Georgia