Re: [Chrysler300] p/s pressure hose for G

Re: [Chrysler300] p/s pressure hose for G

I think the difference is a bend angle at steering gearbox inlet to get around ram , I had to deal with that surprise long ago . Jamie knows much more of the details  — but might be good to explain to new members what the difference is . You may be given the more common one as a replacement . Inlet Fitting on 300 steering box might be angled slightly different  too . The other hose ( all non ram  PS Mopar ?) is common , or was ..
While on 60-61 PS , that swinging pump mount quickly wears the holes egg shape from bouncing around , then pump axis or pulley mount shaft gets tilted , pulley is obviously tilted out of line , belt runs screwy.
First thing I ever made to fix this one , — of the 4-5 - 60,61 letter car  factual engineering fiascos — was a long shoulder bolt and spacer pipe to make that same mount rock solid .  Allowed making the holes oversize on centers . Throw rotted oil soaked rubber goo bumper in the trash can . Belt turns true , all is happy . That was 50 years ago ...  sold 10-15 of them—back then ..  factory pump mount design is a garbage idea ( there—  I said it ) .. smile.
Maybe we bring that kit back ... can be done with threaded rod , nuts and cut iron pipe if I remember right... but nice Allen bolt instead in kit looks great ,
John
Ps fiasco # 2 is hood pull cable on 60 , both ends of it break right off  . Now what  ? You say you want to open  hood?
Shorten and then Drill the “HOOD. “ T 3/8” in and carefully solder it ( the factory crimp there causes fatigue)  , other end can solder an electrical eyelet or as part of this , buy a manual choke cable and steal the new pull wire .
Fiasco 3 might be the Ranco thermostatic heater water valve . Ruins your new rug set .  Replace with 70’s Dodge truck in line water valve , under hood. Valve belongs under the hood. With no rubber seals.
Fiasco 4 is 25 or 30 a fuse for heater or AC . End clips heat up in fuse block and lose tension , gets hot , blows fuse and melts block . Cannot fix that . Those clips are good for 15 -20 a tops. Cure is heavy duty in line fuse holder at fuse box wired to main inlet wire and then to heater fuse feed ... .
I know not stock.   = no stock
Problems either ..
5 up , others can chime in

Sent from my iPhone not by choice