Re: [Chrysler300] 1962 383 Build Questions...

Re: [Chrysler300] 1962 383 Build Questions...

Matt , generally any bolt  used for fastening ( not head bolts) needs to enter the female thread at least as much as its own diameter. 150% -200 % of that diameter is much better , if tapped deep enough . . So you can figure that out . Buy boxes of grade 8 hex cap screws  and lock washers , in a few sizes , will cost less and far less time than trying to do this to some exact spec number of single bolts  . Some holes may be tapped blind forcing slightly shorter , some bolts will have flat washers and lock washers .
Someone like ARP May have B block bolt kits with better , but possibly non stock looking fasteners , maybe a listing of those helps  you to 90 % but engines vary . Holes into water need sealant on them . I use stainless steel often , have boxes of the sizes commonly used . See Amazon  .. Albany County Fasteners very good , great prices .
studs on exhaust manifold would have to come from auto supplier or ARP
Good luck , John

Sent from my iPhone not by choice