[Chrysler300] Note from a new member

Hello all,

I'm a new member to the Club and I must tell everyone just how pleased I am and proud to be a part of the
club.

I own a 1961 Chrysler Newport with the standard transmission.  My father purchased it new and I was there when the car was ordered.  It was my first car.  That was 1970.  At present, the car is finally being restored.  The car came with a 361 B block and I'm replacing it with a 1964 413 and installing a 1961 Long Ram Induction system.  I always wanted to do this.

Trying to find parts for this endeavor is just short of impossible as you all know.  I was told by many individuals to look on the 300 Club.
Well I finally did, the wealth of information, the level of expertise and just how friendly everyone is, has left me speechless!

Reading all the emails about issues members are having and seeing the amount of responses to help is just incredible.
I too, found out that the crankshaft and flywheel is different from 61 and later years.  Linkage is totally different for the ram induction.  My list goes on and on.

I wish to thank everyone who has helped me with my challenge and to the other members that will in the future.

Best regards,

Peter Pellicani   61 Stick