Re: [Chrysler300] 300K wheel valve stems

These 2.5" valve stems are readily available on ebay.
Ray

On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 2:49 PM 'Rich Barber' c300@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The valve stems supplied by America’s Tire when I bought the set of 201 x 14/75R narrow WSW tires just barely protruded through our K’s wheel covers.  I bought and installed the shortest set of extenders I could find, they stick out too far and are 1-1/2” oerall length.  Perhaps these are !’ nominal.  I searched for but could not find shorter extenders but recently saw an ad for ½” extenders at an atrocious price.  In checking these lengths today, I noticed the wheel covers have started their walk—even with bumps.

Rich Barber

Brentwood, CA

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of nick@xxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2020 10:07 AM
To: 'Chrysler 300 List' <chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Chrysler300] 300K wheel valve stems

Looking for wheel valve stems to fit a 300K with the original wheelcovers. Looks like they need to be at least 2 ½” long. I tried a cover on a wheel with a 2” stem and it’s just flush with the hole.  I can’t find long ones except for metal ones and that’s a no no on these.

What are people using? Extenders? I assume the factory must have used ones long enough to clear the wheel cover but it’s been so long since I had my ’64 300 I don’t remember.

Nick

--
Ray Jones. Y'all come on down an see us. Ya hear?

Posted by: Ray Jones <1970hurst@xxxxxxxxx>