RE: [Chrysler300] Wiring Harness

When I got my harnesses from Greg a few years ago it seemed like he was done with doing them. My car was in a barn for many years and has rodent damage in various places. I’ve patched it up but still have issues with some things. I’ll be adding in some fusible links to key areas to avoid future problems.

From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of John Grady jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Monday, August 17, 2020 3:40 PM
To: Claudio Grisolia <grisolia11@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] Wiring Harness

Just went through this , unless the large wires (10-12 ga) in main harness are burned , it is much better to fix up / repair yours. Hard to find now.. for 300.
In particular , power window harness is unique to 300 F ,G ,h . Greg leggatt used to make them , but has stopped .
Possibly from a parts (300 only ) car ; minor differences FGH , can be used .
I have a car (F) which came with no main or PW harness ,it had two 300 main harness and one NY er and one destroyed burned F one that came with it , all had all been cut at firewall , unbelievably dumb thing to do , was able to fix , but a week of work , got one eventually out of all this . . Had to buy colors of wire ,to run through firewall , use ends from various cars , will work fine , but not stock . . Soldered and shrink sleeved the joints .
I guess depends on goal for car too . Restoration or drive . Big fan of adding limiter link at main feed to avoid ever burning up harness . Not a pretty thing when that happens. Main area for shorts that do that , is at circuit breakers in kick panel , large power wires there can cut on sharp edges of sheet metal holes if not dressed carefully away from sharp edges . Sometimes just carelessly stuffed in , not good. . Several heavy wires there are Unfused off battery . Another bad place is at ignition switch . Plug and tail are often replaced , wires just twisted and taped . Just sharing what I have seen on this .. good luck,
John

Sent from my iPhone not by choice

> On 17 Aug 2020, at 6:12 pm, Claudio Grisolia grisolia11@xxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300] <Chrysler300-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I need help locating a wiring harness for my 300F. New preferred....
> Thanks in advance
>
> Claudio Grisolia
>
> Sent from my iPad

> For list server instructions, go to http://www.chrysler300club.com/yahoolist/inst.htm