From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Rich Barber
Sent: Thursday, November 12, 2020 3:52 PM
To: 'Dave Dumais' <dave.dumais@xxxxxxxxx>; 'Chrysler 300 Club International' <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: {Chrysler 300} RE: 64 300 map light switch

Dave:

Thanks for the feedback.  Its always good to read about a problem solved and the actual nature of the problem.  I noted on my map switch that it did not work very well—probably due to a long period of non-use.  I gave it a shot of contact cleaner and operated the switch a number of times to loosen it up.  I notice the clear map light lens has been roasted a little by the bulb and don’t see anyone reproducing them.  Given a modern lens material, it would appear easy to reproduce as just a clear rectangle without the serrations for diffusion.  Anyone have a recommendation for a modern plastic that can take the heat?

Rich Barber

Brentwood CA