From: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of 'Gary Nelson' gnelson@xxxxxxxxxxxx [Chrysler300]
Sent: Thursday, 10 December 2020 7:23 AM
To: Michael James; RICHARD HUSS; chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] door adjustments

I think you need to rack the door. With a piece of 1/4” steel bar, about 1” wide X 6” long, drill a 3/8” hole through the center. Then drill a 3/8 hole at bottom of inner door skin. Insert bar stock and put a 3/8 eye bolt thru door skin and the bar with a nut on inside. Now you have a good solid place to pull on door skin without damage to sheet metal. Block the top of at least 6” open, then w/ come–a-long secured to opposite side, you can hook to eye bolt and start pulling,

doors will rack. I did it on my 300C that came from factory with bottom edge of driver dr. sticking out 1/2”, common to all 57’s, it works. At first I would give it a good pull then release to see if if changed. If better but not complete you could pull and let it sit over night. You don’t want to over pull it, it is possible buckle outer skin.

Good luck,

Gary