Re: {Chrysler 300} Burned 300J at auction - 8433173261

Re: {Chrysler 300} Burned 300J at auction - 8433173261

dealing with that harness stuff  right now, as getting old I have no chance of sneaking behind dash unless i pull front seats and brake pedal . Did that but still punting psychologically on doing it .And may not be able to . To pull dash it seems one would have to undo engine harness and pull out as one piece 57-61 , otherwise no rope to move dash . I believe windshield has to come out on some? And column .  Or take out subassemblies like gauge cluster radio etc to get in there , wheel still in the way . That pulling modules itself a huge job .How did they ever fix this stuff ?

Any input on this , — ??? beyond finding an 8 year old or midget who can fix it . Your point about area behind push  buttons on F so true. Even with dash out of car getting directional light connector apart or together and out of way almost impossible . 10 lbs in five lb bag.

Extremely aggravating fact on this car the dash is full of those moronic ( only word that  fits)      blue “insulation displacement “tap style push on self cutting splices , like 15 of them hanging down . Never buy a  car with those your wiring is ruined , the strands break right there, and as an EE I think not safe period.   Sure sign that an electrically incompetent person worked on your car with 5 $ box of napa splices and did half azz work. Already pulled 10-15 out of front of car , even joining headlight and parklight wires exposed to water .

Could say a lot more about things found but enough .

Yes we miss Greg’s top quality work , he told  me he disposed of all the tooling and layout boards to make our harnesses into dumpster when he stopped . That should have gone to one of the harness guys or even ? Quirey .
Recently worked a bit with YnZ in california on 50 Packard harness , I was impressed , a guy named Chris knows his stuff , one day process great interaction . Back ordered  . Fair price. Not sure if he has our harnesses , remember some are specific to 300 only , such as F power seats / console which I had bought from Greg.
Good subject .. John G
Sent from my iPhone not by choice