Re: {Chrysler 300} Parking brake hard to set on F?

Re: {Chrysler 300} Parking brake hard to set on F?

Hi Nick ,
i have seen the weld around a sort of sheath retainer fork at the very top of brake pedal assembly break , then outer shield of brake cable moves though into the car , no real brake application . but it can hook again on remnants on / after next release .
look way up with flashlight at where cable goes through firewall , if stamped metal retainer is split or broken off you can see it .. or I could . Had to take out all that and added a small brace and weld ( braze actually ) to fix it . There is a vertical split so you can put cable in .
If not then something wrong inside brake ?  also there is that clamp around sheath at cable end .Not sure of issues there from memory ( rough adjustment ?) but there are / were some in past. Also wire spring inside can be put in kind of crossed over . look carefully at fsm pictures  ..
remember —- not just pull cable has to be ok but sheath is a big part of it . if sheath is not solidly retained  at ends the cable cannot exert a pull , the sheath just moves instead  .

If you end up taking out the cable , hang up vertically drip 75w mobile one into it till it comes out bottom .

amazing difference .
good luck ,
john g
Sent from my iPhone not by choice