Re: {Chrysler 300} 300K exhaust manifold gaskets

Re: {Chrysler 300} 300K exhaust manifold gaskets

copper gaskets are the best if you want to pay for them  . , I think . cannot blow out and have an embossed ridge around port .
i would be wary of any chemical unless you really know the temp of manifold and it is below rated sealer max .
if no gaskets you should mill surface perfectly flat , but actually much more to it than that — as manifold expands axially end to end and it WILL do that , ( as well as outward on bolts) then when it cools it can crack . Gaskets let it slide slightly “find itself” , copper or SS sandwich type with carbon / graphite in middle  are good for that  .

See  also special cup washers on slant six ( long manifold) and older cars , oversize bolt holes . Way to go !!  Set up to slide a bit . The gaskets  in engine kits at pipe flange often are some kind of high temp paper like stuff with metal middle .
I don’t like those .. paper stuff blows out .
Pipe flange often not flat from welding , that cracks ears too

ram exhaust manifold are big bucks now   , compared to copper gaskets

While on this , never hang head pipe or exhaust system off manifold flange while installing . It snaps that ear off so easy you would not believe it . like it is glass is how to think about it . Have seen that 6-7 times.
I agree with one size smaller stainless on that flange too  .
Not fanatic about it, just opinion
Sent from my iPhone not by choice