Re: {Chrysler 300} Underhood picture

I don't think it's misleading. It comes in handy at times when you're talking about 1961 and 1962 Darts for instance.

On Tue, Nov 30, 2021 at 12:53 AM dplotkin <dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I agree Nick. Perhaps my use of the C body designation was misleading.

-------- Original message --------
From: Nick Taylor <nicksgaragesd@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/30/21 1:04 AM (GMT-05:00)
To: dplotkin <dplotkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Val Jeffers <edward1108@xxxxxxxxx>, bobp8@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} Underhood picture

Official body designations by Chrysler were an incremental thing. The first one being the A-body starting in 1960. B-body started in 1964. C-body started in 1965. E-body started in 1970.

Generally people call the compacts A-bodies, the mid-sized cars B-bodies and the full sized cars C-bodies, regardless of the years. Some people call Imperials Y-bodies.