The right (passenger) side air cleaner is indeed not placed properly. The indent should be in the rear, where the air cleaner is closest to the fiberglass heater housing. The decals were affixed on the same spot on all the ram air cleaners, so their positioning is not for both to face the front of the car. Further, the alignment of the two studs that protrude up from the air cleaners is incorrect on this G as shown. The more forward stud should be inboard, as it is on this car's left air cleaner, and the more rearward stud should be outboard toward the fender, as it also is on this car's left air cleaner.

Danny Plotkin's January 13th email includes an attached photo of this G's body plate, showing the interior as 888, so the black leather would be appropriate. Its paint code is RR-1, which is 1961's Cinnamon, 1 of the 4 'standard 1961 300-G factory-offered exterior paint colors.

Noel Hastalis

On 01/16/2022 12:42 PM Bob Jasinski <rpjasin@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

John,

The link only brought me to the pictures of the car, not a video.  The dents on the air cleaners in the picture of the engine compartment appear to be correct. The dents are outboard, so as to clear the hood when closed.  The decals on the air cleaners are not applied correctly though, well, one at least.  The correct placement puts one decal facing the firewall, the other facing out towards the grill.  It is my understanding that once painted at the factory, the air cleaners had their decals affixed in the same place, and then when installed, they are turned 180 degrees from each other.

This is a very nice car, but does have a number of non-original things done during resto.  I don’t know if this is a 999 or 888 car, but the color is non stock as are the seats.  The car sits too high in the rear, and my data indicates all 300Gs had an under hood pad and underbody undercoating as standard, not body color.  Just a few obvious (to me) things that jump out.

Bob J

From: mguarneri via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2022 7:37 AM
To: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 300 G at Mecum

Mecum took a video of the G prior to auction.  You can view it on this link.  Just go to the second picture to view the video.

Also, can someone comment on the placement of the air filters?  The 'dent' on both are facing each other.  Is this the correct placement?

https://www.mecum.com/lots/FL0122-496159/1961-chrysler-300g-convertible/

John

300 G convertible

---