RE: {Chrysler 300} Torsion Bars + Eyebrows

>Also, it isn’t really fair to conclude that methodical use of modern metal treatments and coatings will fare much better than what was originally used unless you are subjecting the vehicle to the same punishing environments that many of these cars saw daily.

These modern metal treatments have been tested under conditions far worse than what our cars would be exposed to, even as daily drivers in the northeast or Des Moines, IA. I've reviewed the tests, which were done back a few decades ago by high-quality restoration publications, such as Skinned Knuckles or Classic Auto Restorer. I'm satisfied with the results of their tests and of my own tests on rusty areas of my truck, which sits outside all year long in the northeast.

Cars were built to a price point that the vehicle's market segment can afford, and still make the company a good profit. So compromises were made. When we restore our cars, we don't have those constraints. So we can overbuild our cars to our satisfaction.

Ron