RE: {Chrysler 300} Cruise control

Thank you for the information, that explains all the figures. I will check if the connection to the accelerator is still there. Now I know what to look for.

From: Hank Hallowell [mailto:Hank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 7. maj 2022 23:53
To: Nick Taylor
Cc: Allan Klotz; Chrysler list server
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} Cruise control

I too have 3 Imperials  with the “Perfect Circle” “auto-pilot” option. It’s not something that I frankly like - and it does not work like “modern” cruise control (1969 on at Chrysler Corporation - operated by a button at the end of turn signal stalk)

This is a mechanical system manufactured by perfect-circle and purchased by Chrysler. It literally is attached to your accelerator linkage and once set (by rotating the dial to “5” (for 50 or whatever speed you wish) the accelerator literally gives you pushback and won’t depress further - while “autopilot” takes control. To me it’s a little disconcerting.

I have a 59 imperial with it, a 60 Ghia Limousine with it - and the last year: a 68 Crown Convertible- (that later  system is a modified- and the actual unit under the hood is also a bit different from the earlier units).

Hank