Re: {Chrysler 300} Re: 300-F Shock Absorber Options

Re: {Chrysler 300} Re: 300-F Shock Absorber Options

Good Morning Jim,

My F coupe was fitted with KYB Gas-A-Just shocks in 2002 - 3 years before I purchased the car - #KG4507 and KG5511.  The F wasn't driven until about 2008.  Since then, I've logged 67,000+ miles on it, cruising with these same shocks.

Note that the F is a performance, in addition to luxury, car, and was not built to offer a 'softer and smoother ride.' The F was promoted as being 40% more stiffly sprung than its New Yorker, Saratoga and Windsor siblings, and it exhibits these great handling characteristics driving through the mountains east and west of here in Illinois. I certainly feel the potholes around here! But the F's ride is nowhere near as harsh as that I suffered through in my 2 '70s Vettes. It's a very comfortable road car in which I've driven 14 hours and felt refreshed enough to continue.

Other Club members who have driven my F at various Meets have commented that they liked its road handling characteristics. I'll defer to others to comment on the ride differences between the 3 different style shocks you mention.

Noel