From: Michael Moore mmoore8425@xxxxxxx [Chrysler300]

Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2017 6:18 PM

To: Bob Jasinski

Reply To: Michael Moore

Cc: Chrysler300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: Re: [Chrysler300] 300G exhaust manifold repair

When I lived in LA, there was a place in Chatsworth which specialized in repairing cast iron parts (heads, manifolds) by oven brazing them.

In other words, they raise the temperature of the entire part high enough to allow the brazing material to fuse and then broughtthe temp down slowly to avoid warpage, This sounds right to me intuitively.

Mike Moore

3ooH

Neal,

I had the same problem with the passenger side exhaust manifold on my 300F.
I had it repaired at this company here in California, Lock & Stitch, since I couldn't find a replacement.  The neck was broken into two pieces.  They did a great job, however it took them a long time to do it.
Scott Tozzi

A resource for repairing broken exhaust manifolds is :

 http://www.locknstitch.com in Turlock CA.

 I’ve heard good things about their ability to repair manifolds.

 Bob J

Cost of this is interesting to me..Have a couple of broken ones. Furnace brazing is an excellent way to fix it, it will be as strong as original. Welding no good, it leaves residual local stress in the metal. OK on steel, bad on cast iron.

 By the way, heads up!!!! One easy way to break them is hang exhaust system head pipe off manifold flange while installing head pipes. BANG, you have two pieces. Tie up head pipe with substantial tie while bolting on, leave tie there until hangers in place and tight.

Good luck!
Noel Hastalis