From: "mgoodknight@xxxxxxxx" <mgoodknight@xxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, September 4, 2022 10:58am
To: jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: nicksgaragesd@xxxxxxxxx, allynentertainment@xxxxxxxxx, chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} Compression Test - 413

Pay very close attention to John Grady's recommendations and his analytics involving supposed need for engine rebuild based on the results of a compression test. He's RIGHT ON!!!
All too often the results a grossly flawed, not only because of errors in procedure, but also because of errors in knowledge of how to interpret the readings.
Important clues regarding condition of engine are numerous: rate of oil consumption, smoothness of engine at idle and especially loaded at slow rpm, noise from valves, noises from crankshaft bearings (rods and/or mains, oil leaks can be a clue, but not usually indicating mechanical trouble, difficulty in obtaining consistent/satisfactory ignition timing (suggests timing chain wear likely). Listen to the engine's exhaust-----all 8 cylinders should sound nearly the same. Leaky exhaust valve will likely make an audible WHOOSH sound each time that cylinder has compression/combustion, intake valve leakage is uncommon and not easy to detect by sound. Loose pistons (worn cylinders) might give an audible light thump as slow idle when cold, but likely will go away as warm-up occurs. Aircraft engines usually have quite audible piston noise for a few minutes after start-up (air cooled engines generally have very loose fit pistons compared with liquid cooled engines.

Please note: message attached