Re: {Chrysler 300} 62 parts

Of course, if spare is reversed, then you can't check pressure or put air in it without pulling it out.

On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 12:10:19 AM EDT, 'Drew Carl' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Lot of good info from everyone. Thank you all so much. Good idea on turning it upside down I will try that. It seems that my wheels are correct as they match what a lot of the members are saying and what joe Williams sent me a picture of. This is a huge relief as I was thinking the proper wheels may have been scraped when the estate was cleaned out. Things are really coming together parts wise and I cant thank everyone who has called and taken the time to send pictures and give input enough. I think I have everything on the way with the exception of seatbelts which for now I have decided to wait on, air cleaners which I may order tomorrow, and manifold blots which I think are going to be impossible to source correctly with the  DPCD logos. If anyone thinks they may have these with a 9/16 head I need one 2  ½ inches to do the bolt through the coil mount with the spacer, and 3 that are at least 2 or 2 ¼ would be better for the return spring mounts and the other coil bracket. I am going to go to a parts store to try to get at least 8 matching heads tomorrow, but I would really like to find the correct ones though I know it would take a miracle.

Last think I can think does anyone know if the valley pan should be painted to match the rest of the engine? Mine seems to not have any paint on it so I was not sure on that. I am going to pull the carbs and manifold and start painting tomorrow.

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Cox
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 7:32 PM
To: Carl
Cc: Nick Taylor; Drew Carl; Chrysler list server
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 62 parts

The 62 Chrysler 14 wheels

All had the nubs on the outer

Edge of the wheel.

The design of the full wheel

Cover required it. They had

No retaining claws. The wheel

Covers had rescissions for

The nubs to lock into.

Bob Haag

On Sep 20, 2022, at 7:07 PM, Carl <cbilter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Yes, I agree with Nick, seating concerns were a potential issue but also some buyers did not want the dual quads, more aggressive cam, or the HD suspension.  “Smooth quiet ride” was desired by most buyers at the time.   The ’62 Sport with the optional 413 single 4bbl was a lively performer by full size car standards of the day.  The Feb. 1962 Car Life magazine review of one was very positive about the car and its performance.

The optional 413 single 4bbl 340hp engine did not require 15” wheels or the HD suspension, but they were required if you got the actual “H package” for the Sport which came with the dual quad 380hp H engine, 15” wheels, and HD suspension with sway bar.  When ordering just the single 4bbl 413 option you got 14” wheels and standard suspension with no sway bar.  The 14” wheels did not have the “prongs,”  but did have tabs for the “poverty caps” that were standard on the Newport.

There are 2 tabs on the trunk floor for the spare tire hold down.  The one closest to the trunk hinge is used on the hardtop.  The one further from the hinge is used on the convertible in order for the spare to clear the larger trunk hinge on the convertibles.

The jack instruction sheet, which is available on ebay or from Quirey, illustrates the arrangement of the jack components and the spare tire.  Here is a ’62 Sport convertible trunk, with a 14” spare, properly arranged.  This car is one of the very first built, hence the 1961 width whitewall tire.

Carl Bilter

62 Sport convertible 413

8404FEBD33244C9D90C5513D512E88CC.jpg