Re: {Chrysler 300} 62 parts
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: {Chrysler 300} 62 parts



Watch out reversing rim,as wheel holes are often conical, lug nuts too , wheel can falloff . also backspacing is typically not symmetrical tire will move in or out 

On Wed, Sep 21, 2022 at 12:50 PM 'Joe Williams' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Of course, if spare is reversed, then you can't check pressure or put air in it without pulling it out.

On Wednesday, September 21, 2022 at 12:10:19 AM EDT, 'Drew Carl' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:


Lot of good info from everyone. Thank you all so much. Good idea on turning it upside down I will try that. It seems that my wheels are correct as they match what a lot of the members are saying and what joe Williams sent me a picture of. This is a huge relief as I was thinking the proper wheels may have been scraped when the estate was cleaned out. Things are really coming together parts wise and I cant thank everyone who has called and taken the time to send pictures and give input enough. I think I have everything on the way with the exception of seatbelts which for now I have decided to wait on, air cleaners which I may order tomorrow, and manifold blots which I think are going to be impossible to source correctly with the  DPCD logos. If anyone thinks they may have these with a 9/16 head I need one 2  ½ inches to do the bolt through the coil mount with the spacer, and 3 that are at least 2 or 2 ¼ would be better for the return spring mounts and the other coil bracket. I am going to go to a parts store to try to get at least 8 matching heads tomorrow, but I would really like to find the correct ones though I know it would take a miracle.

 

Last think I can think does anyone know if the valley pan should be painted to match the rest of the engine? Mine seems to not have any paint on it so I was not sure on that. I am going to pull the carbs and manifold and start painting tomorrow.

 

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Cox
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 7:32 PM
To: Carl
Cc: Nick Taylor; Drew Carl; Chrysler list server
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 62 parts

 

The 62 Chrysler 14 wheels

All had the nubs on the outer

Edge of the wheel.

The design of the full wheel

Cover required it. They had

No retaining claws. The wheel

Covers had rescissions for

The nubs to lock into. 

Bob Haag



On Sep 20, 2022, at 7:07 PM, Carl <cbilter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:



Yes, I agree with Nick, seating concerns were a potential issue but also some buyers did not want the dual quads, more aggressive cam, or the HD suspension.  “Smooth quiet ride” was desired by most buyers at the time.   The ’62 Sport with the optional 413 single 4bbl was a lively performer by full size car standards of the day.  The Feb. 1962 Car Life magazine review of one was very positive about the car and its performance. 

 

The optional 413 single 4bbl 340hp engine did not require 15” wheels or the HD suspension, but they were required if you got the actual “H package” for the Sport which came with the dual quad 380hp H engine, 15” wheels, and HD suspension with sway bar.  When ordering just the single 4bbl 413 option you got 14” wheels and standard suspension with no sway bar.  The 14” wheels did not have the “prongs,”  but did have tabs for the “poverty caps” that were standard on the Newport. 

 

There are 2 tabs on the trunk floor for the spare tire hold down.  The one closest to the trunk hinge is used on the hardtop.  The one further from the hinge is used on the convertible in order for the spare to clear the larger trunk hinge on the convertibles.

 

The jack instruction sheet, which is available on ebay or from Quirey, illustrates the arrangement of the jack components and the spare tire.  Here is a ’62 Sport convertible trunk, with a 14” spare, properly arranged.  This car is one of the very first built, hence the 1961 width whitewall tire. 

 

Carl Bilter

62 Sport convertible 413

 

8404FEBD33244C9D90C5513D512E88CC.jpg

 

From: Nick Taylor
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 4:41 PM
To: Drew Carl
Cc: Chrysler list server
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 62 parts

 

Here is the club tunk page for the 300H but doesn't show jack and spare. Maybe people can contribute to it.

 

 

Here's the parent page for that with the other years. Chrysler 300 trunk main page (chrysler300club.com)

 

On Tue, Sep 20, 2022 at 2:10 PM Drew Carl <drew@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Funny you say that because that is the exact reason my uncle gave me when I asked him why he didn’t get an H. The car was never a daily driver, it was a road trip and pleasure car and has made trips coast to coast. That is a good idea. I have not been able to find much for images of trunks on these. I went through this with my other uncles 57 Dodge and it seemed I could find a lot of images online of the proper trunk arrangement for it. I am very relived to find these wheels are probably correct. Especially since very few cars would have had these wheels. Can anyone tell me how to date code the wheels? When I have the tire changed for the spare I can see if that lines up.

 

From: Nick Taylor [mailto:nicksgaragesd@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 4:06 PM
To: Drew Carl
Cc: Chrysler list server
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 62 parts

 

All the wheels would match. Did you try turning the wheel face down so that the tabs aren't in the way. It seems there were quite a few sports equipped closer to an H. Perhaps people wanted a letter car but not be limited to 4 seats.

 

On Tue, Sep 20, 2022, 12:15 PM 'Drew Carl' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wow that is very interesting. Mine has the tabs on all wheels. This car is a sport not an H. When my uncle ordered it with the 413 the dealer came back a few weeks later and said that with the 413 upgrade he had to upgrade the wheels and they would have to charge him extra for the 15 inch (letter car) hubcaps. I assumed this also meant bigger brakes or suspension. But I still find it hard to believe the spare would have had those tabs, though it is the spare he has in the trunk. He had many cars, and a huge hoard of parts so I was just assuming the wheels where swapped around at some point for some reason. Maybe in reality these wheels are correct then. But I still have a hard time with the spare being that way because it doesn’t accept the jack base as a hold down very well. I welcome anyone’s input on this.

 

From: Joe Williams [mailto:jfwilliams2007@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, September 20, 2022 1:59 PM
To: Drew Carl; Cox
Cc: Chrysler list server
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 62 parts

 

Hi Drew,

       The 62 Sport could be ordered with either 14" or 15" wheels.  I think the 15" wheels were part of a heavy duty suspension package that matched the 300H.  The 15" wheels are 6" wide and some (I'm told not all.) had the hubcap tabs.  My 62 Sport has them and came with the hubcaps that say 300 in the center (which don't use those tabs at all).  

Good luck,

Joe

 

On Tuesday, September 20, 2022 at 01:20:57 PM EDT, Cox <scooter465@xxxxxxx> wrote:

 

 

Try Murray Park he may

Have what ya need.

Bob Haag

 

On Sep 20, 2022, at 11:24 AM, 'Drew Carl' via Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:



Thank you all for a lot of help in figuring out a lot on the parts I am looking for. I am down to needing a proper spare wheel, and bumper jack, and I would sure like to set of proper manifold bolts though I don’t think that will happen. Joe Williams was able to help me figure out that the bumper jack hook should be 2204073 but of course I do not have that hook somehow and I don’t even have a jack that would be correct. I found someone on ebay selling jacks they claim to be new but they do not have the correct hook.

 

Does anyone know what a proper wheel should measure in width? I assume it should measure 6.5 inches. My spare has prongs riveted to the center to hold a center cap so I know this is not correct. The only other option I have here is a 7.5 inch wide wheel which I believe is too wide. I am going to call a few places and try to find a wheel and bumper jack today. Big M, Moore, and Benny Buckner in WV are the places I know of to call.  Any help is appreciated.

 

<image002.jpg>

Drew Carl
Owner, eScore 

Phone: 724-288-6636

Email: drew@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Website: www.escoremx.com

Address: 1280 Henderson Avenue Washington, PA 15301

 

 

 

 

--
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylang
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chrysler 300 Club International" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chrysler-300-club-international+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chrysler-300-club-international/106101d8cd05%241705db60%2445119220%24%40escoremx.com.

 

--
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylang
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chrysler 300 Club International" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chrysler-300-club-international+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chrysler-300-club-international/CFFD6F11-AC36-4BA7-B84E-466507E024CF%40cox.net

.

--
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylang
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chrysler 300 Club International" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chrysler-300-club-international+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chrysler-300-club-international/10c601d8cd25%244dc352c0%24e949f840%24%40escoremx.com.

--
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylang
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chrysler 300 Club International" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chrysler-300-club-international+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chrysler-300-club-international/CA%2BjApFPXnU91hFbhY-6Z9BXdL3yqV5TcBZqBCNbNddST-KW6mQ%40mail.gmail.com.

 

--
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylang
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chrysler 300 Club International" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chrysler-300-club-international+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chrysler-300-club-international/632a47b4.920a0220.55b01.5d1eSMTPIN_ADDED_MISSING%40gmr-mx.google.com.
8404FEBD33244C9D90C5513D512E88CC.jpg

--
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylang
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chrysler 300 Club International" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chrysler-300-club-international+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chrysler-300-club-international/9EF3003A-3186-483D-A04C-969F1E6544F6%40cox.net.

--
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylang
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chrysler 300 Club International" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chrysler-300-club-international+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chrysler-300-club-international/125e01d8cd6f%24fe424710%24fac6d530%24%40escoremx.com.

--
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylang
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chrysler 300 Club International" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chrysler-300-club-international+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chrysler-300-club-international/1796874782.522277.1663779028229%40mail.yahoo.com.

--
For archives go to http://www.forwardlook.net/300-archive/search.htm#querylang
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Chrysler 300 Club International" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to chrysler-300-club-international+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/chrysler-300-club-international/CABZ1P2CmraLYQYmYBJ6H%3DvgaqP_sN9RRWzczNCdy_yjDzCDvuQ%40mail.gmail.com.


Home Back to the Home of the Forward Look Network Archive Sitemap


Copyright 2018 The Forward Look Network.  All rights reserved.

Opinions expressed in posts reflect the views of their respective authors.