RE: {Chrysler 300} 1960 300F Wheel Cylinders

White Post Restorations IIRC

From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Ray Jones
Sent: Wednesday, January 11, 2023 11:48 AM
To: John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Nick Taylor <nicksgaragesd@xxxxxxxxx>; Marshall Larson <granitledge@xxxxxxxxx>; Jim Birr <jebirr@xxxxxxxxx>; Chrysler 300 Club International <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Ray Jones <1970hurst@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} 1960 300F Wheel Cylinders

There was a company in WV that resleeved them and M/C also. Not sure if still in business.

Ray

On Wed, Jan 11, 2023 at 8:30 AM John Grady <jkg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Wheel cylinders are pretty basic cast iron   I would expect any that you find new would work . Be sure you are aware Rand L are unique .

I assume you have the pits in the bottom from glycol fluid left in too long ? Very smart to change them . That is a disaster waiting to happen . And not uncommon , happened to me . Water settles out the there once glycol is saturated with water , makes a pit under lip of seal . And that always  happens given enough time . . Why Mercedes requires change of glycol brake fluid every few years . I ignored that as too conservative on an 80 300 TD wagon , cost me 2000 in brake parts rusted inside after ten years .causes leaks in drum brakes , stuck calipers on discs .

One of the main reasons I love silicone in our cars despite fussiness of getting in right .

Ideal for stored cars , it will not absorb water why military uses it . And rubber loves it .

If you shake it or get air in it you have to wait months . Really

I found large cans on line long ago military surplus .

John

Sent from my iPhone