Re: {Chrysler 300} Power Window "Half" Blues

Re: {Chrysler 300} Power Window "Half" Blues

Hi Ron ,
I think you have a mechanical bind . If lights dim motor is getting power . So problem is not wiring or switches . It is at window location . So rear switch and wires are therefore ok ? But can’t overcome the mechanical load These wires have some normal drop . When you use tractor battery almost no drop short wires motor has more torque .
The bind could be in motor not rebuilt right , or in worm gear box , but not likely .If you have a 20A ammeter you can check draw . Compare to others .
Usually problem is in window adjustment etc . Very critical . I had new rubber in a 57 and it dragged badly by friction on the rear  windows . Would not go up all the way . I noticed some factory 57 rubber had flocking on the rubber . I think for that reason .  Especially 57 -59 Window cannot rub heavily on rubber . Many replacement tubber guys do not have flocking  Tempted by silicone on rubbing place but lots of big drawbacks as you know. Maybe wax  .  . Finally sort of gave up .. window not optimally tight when adjusted to move ok . No other answer on 57 except ? Keep old rubber . I believe some 60 have a more powerful motor  in back ( it is obviously longer ) but they all interchange and thus get mixed up
Usually harder in up direction for motor .. also gets into counterbalance spring , I assume  good and in right ?
when you say dome quite dim — check battery posts and battery too . But still likely a bind. You could check exact volts at motor terminal to ground , but binding draws more amps volts will drop more
John G
PS Front switch may be bad , they fail inside one contact burns off . Not uncommon . I have taken apart bad ones and  used remaining good parts from other multi gang bad or ugly ones ( save those) fixed them . And fits singles .  Very carefully bend back pot metal crimps , (minimally ) go easy . Do junk one first . May break .—-the  back phenolic board can break too ,use  box cutter at edges etc go very easy . They crack easily through one of contact pin drillings   I resecure back with any good crimps left or slight bend in of pit metal  next to old crimp  and epoxy - slight tap with hammer and pin punch in vise works. . Little springs are often rusty , drop of light oil helps . And swap bad contacts . This for 57- 60 - 62 but others look the same to me
Sent from my iPhone