From: chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of John Grady
Sent: Wednesday, February 8, 2023 5:18 PM
To: Ron Waters <ronbo97@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Rob Kern <robkern@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; chrysler-300-club-international@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: {Chrysler 300} Putting a square peg in a round hole

actually Rob all this true , —and very valuable —-especially your comment about look at bottom of bulb . Never ever put a one pin bulb in two pin socket . Dead short . One pin on that two pin design is always live the other one is then  grounded to turn it on . Dome lights are this way too , pink wire is live . And not turned off by ignition switch !!!! leads to the ultimate OH NO above the headliner .
but more in a second .
The number 90 bulb is usually used as a dome light , very bright bulb . Therefore very hot . I think the correct  bulb for that warning light is one with a round globe , less watts and less heat . And of  course double pins . ——look up in FSM — there is a list of bulbs . 90 may be right , but mine had a round globe . Fewer watts . Not a 90 .
Too much heat can overheat the socket , the bakelite can cook loosen the pins , and shortsville again . I add shrink tube ion the two wires where they enter that socket .
The 90 is sort of avocado shaped , i believe the correct bulb has a round globe. Same metal base size .

So about humility , —being   the EE guy , —-and why I know about that dxxx light , I logically ( to me )assumed the screw on looking top with red jewel got you to the bulb . it does but it is down on a deep hole , no way to grab bulb . How the H do you get the bulb out ? put it in looks easy , push down and turn on top with finger . So after much time vile words  and extreme frustration, pushing down trying to turn it , the glass breaks !! Arrgh arrgh . Now really upset , sliced finger , trying to grab bulb socket shell metal with long nose . no go .
all of a sudden , the socket (and bulb remains ) both fall off the back , 2 hours in . Sheepish is way too mild . It comes out the BACK !!!!! I thought an all one piece thing . I thought very wrong .

So none of us escape this stuff .

In my case i put a 1 watt red LED in there along with current limiting resistor in hot blue feed lead ( 20 ohms 2 watts ) .
So now a forever LED , it runs cold .
Yes humility is a good word . In my case = “ John , think three or four times before attacking “ needs to be tattooed on hand .
John
Sent from my iPhone

---

---