RE: {Chrysler 300} Frustrating Squeal...

RE: {Chrysler 300} Frustrating Squeal...

I think I have the problem in hand.

Yesterday I spent hours with straight edges and clamps and tried to get the plane of both the mounting bracket with the two holes and the plane of the bolt hole for the pulley exactly parallel.

It took two or three tries on and then off the car but that last attempt seems to have stopped 99% of the squeal.

I will see if Jim Carpenter gets back to me and if he does in fact have an NOS bracket, I will buy it. I may even take a small box and pour some Plaster of Paris or Silicone and make a negative of this bracket so in the future I have a way to make sure the part is not bent!

I will get the car out on the highway this week for a long drive and that will let me know if this issue is put to bed.

James